Leaders explore smart city goals in New York City
New York, NY - On Tuesday, December 12th, leaders from government, academia, and business will convene at the New York Bar Association for a leadership forum aimed at setting smart city development goals in New York City and beyond. Lara Croushore from NYEDC, BJ Mahal from Mastercard, Brian Platt from Jersey City, and Rhonda Binda and Mitch Kominsky from Venture Smarter will be among featured speakers. Special guests include Zack Huhn, Chris Rezendes, Sagi Elister, and other leaders in the smart cities space from New York and around the country.
- Who: Leaders in government, business, and academia (bios / additional information here)
- What: Leadership forum and open discussion
- Where: NY Bar Association (42 W 44th St, New York, NY 10036)
- When: Tuesday, December 12th at 3pm
- Why: To set smart city development goals that put people first, to explore success stories, challenges, and opportunities to collaborate
- Contact: Mitch@venturesmarter.com -or- (954) 270 3885
The event will feature presentations from a handful of leaders throughout the region that have dedicated themselves to building smart cities and connected communities by using technology and data as a tool to improve outcomes for people. The group of speakers and featured guests will explore smart city success stories, challenges realized, and opportunities to collaborate to build better places to live, work, and visit.
Brian Platt, CIO of Jersey City, NJ, will be among the featured speakers, “We are actively working to leverage technology and data to improve quality of life here in Jersey City. Our vision is to foster collaboration, growth, and development of new technology tools using Jersey City as a ‘sandbox’, meaning we are actively engaging startups during the development stages of new products to get real world testing and feedback to ensure a better end result.”