Venture Smarter January 2018 Update
This month the Venture Smarter community at large passed the 20,000 users benchmark, and the beta portal captured great insights on the state of smart cities happenings. But more importantly, it's 2018 and we are continuing our mission to democratize smart planning, providing even small and medium-sized communities the tools for smart city success stories that reach beyond big city limits.
- Our Regional Smart Cities Initiative and collaborations such as 'Smart Cincy' help create a thriving community of thought leaders and teaming partners dedicated to smart growth. On February 15th the Smart Regions Congress in Washington DC will highlight the launch of RSCI partnerships across the country with Regional Councils of Government and Metropolitan Planning Organizations as well as local, county, state, and federal agencies.
- Our efforts with IEEE are helping to set the standard for smart development, aimed at giving government agencies the tools the build interoperable and secure smart cities and regions that put people first. IEEE-SA P2784 was approved (PAR) in September 2017 and is on track for a publish date in the calendar year 2018. The Working Group and subcommittees boast interdisciplinary stakeholders from government, education, business, and NGOs to develop 'The Guide to the Technology and Planning Process to Build A Smart City.'
- Leaders from Venture Smarter working groups and smart city project groups around the country are able to connect with new partners, resources, opportunities, and solutions on the portal (beta.) Updates to come are meant to streamline time-wasting processes by reducing redundancies and leveraging predictive analytics to match solutions, opportunities, and resources in real-time.
- 90% of surveyed users have successfully connected with new partners and/or opportunities
- 100% of users are using platform communication tools
- New Venture Smarter Beta Members represent 96 cities in 34 countries
- 76% of new users are actively seeking teaming partners
- 52% of new users have business profiles
- 30% of new users have government or education profiles
- 18% of new users have profiles listed as 'other' or 'nonprofit'
- 159 businesses and organizations are represented by new members
- 68% of business users are executives
- 60% of government users are actively seeking strategic support
Platform Updates Coming Soon:
- Procurement and Projects Dashboard
- Teaming and Collaboration Project Tools
- Master Admin Account Upgrades
- Smart RFP and Response Tools
Notes from the team
- Updates every week (on Wednesdays!)
- 24/7 Support Available for Members and Early Adopters
- Request access for free (click here)
- Weekly Info Sessions (Webinars) on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Questions? Interested in integrations or partnerships? Contact us.