AustinTexas.gov - The Official Website of the City of Austin - Click here to view.
The City of Austin is home to some of the earliest autonomous mobility testing in the nation. Continuing a proactive and deliberate approach to these new mobility capabilities will ensure a future that is equitable, affordable, prosperous, and data-driven. And where would we be without a map?
The City of Austin and Capital Metro’s Smart Mobility Roadmap encompasses five key areas:
- Shared-Use Mobility
- Electric Vehicles and Infrastructure
- Autonomous Vehicles
- Data and Technology, and
- Land Use and Infrastructure
The Smart Mobility Roadmap is divided into three sections:
- The first section provides insight into each of these areas as well as the convergence of technology. It also discusses national efforts related to shared, electric and autonomous mobility.
- The second section looks at how this technology may affect Austin's equity, affordability and safety and workforce.
- The final section discusses the current Council and Board resolutions and initiatives and describes how executing a plan like this may impact projects and operational resources.