Wichita, KS seeking Neighborhood Plan for South Central Area
This project will update the South Central Neighborhood Plan. The plan will help area stakeholders to identify and prioritize improvements. It is anticipated that multiple stakeholders will be involved to varying degrees. Community residents, property owners, and businesses will be engaged through a citizen advisory committee to learn about needs and opportunities; their feedback will also help determine if the project meets community needs. People who live in the neighborhood and stakeholders from the community at large will be invited to participate and comment on the updated neighborhood plan. Stakeholders from various City Departments will be engaged through a technical advisory committee — including Police, Fire, Engineering, Planning, and others.
Submission Deadline: Friday, August 10, 2018
The plan will include:
- An up-to-date neighborhood plan that reflects the current views of residents in the South Central Area;
- A review and recommendations for using the Opportunity Zone designation the state of Kansas to help revitalize the neighborhood;
- Coordination with the Wichita: Places For People project including a review and recommendations for using the tools established by the Wichita: Places For People project to help revitalize the neighborhood;
- Updates to the Current Trends in the neighborhood (demographics, housing, development, economic, community facilities and service, and zoning and land use);
- A new community survey;
- Updates to neighborhood issues, goals, and vision;
- Community engagement via public meetings;
- Community engagement via existing public events; A revised implementation plan.